The overall outlook of travelling to Finland
It might be a slightly increase in the coming summer, +10 % or below.
Reasons for the expectations
- 1/3 reason is because of the security of society in Europe, especially Western Europe.
- 1/3 reason is because of the fingerprint policy. It’s more complicated to apply Schengen visa than before, even though 13 new visa application centres have been opened, totally 15 VACs now.
- 1/3 reason is because the China stock market is weak since this beginning of this year.
- Saimaa package incl. Fishing by Utour and Bamboo Garden Travel
- HCM marathon package by 42 Trip, Caissa Travel and Utour/Laipao8
- Students Camp in Design and Finnish nature (14 days in Finland) by IdeasTrip
- Nordic countries + Iceland
Long term trends
What do you see as main tourisms trends in your market area?
- Charter flights: U6 by Utour (year 2016), Beijing Capital Airline by Caissa Travel (possible year 2017)
- Economic package is more popular, below CNY20,000 per Finland package. But students camp is still high.
- Safe society is one of the priority factors for consumers
- Social media & FIT travelers are getting more popular
How should Finnish travel industry companies utilize these each of these trends?
- More lakeland packages
- Variety of topics such as Marathon
- More topics for Students Camp, e.g. ice hockey
- WeChat e-training for trade & Finnish partners’ pdf product manual
- Promote Finland as a safe destination with pure air/water and organic food
- NNTC project – consumer online campaign together with Scandinavian countries in 2016 and 17.
Sales channel co-operation
- More and further co-operation with TOs who have charter flight plan like Utour and Caissa
- FIT package promotion with OTA
- StopOver promotion with TOs who are selling FIT packages online as well.
Visit Finland Representative China: Beijing & Chongqing